Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Changes

Last Monday i had an appointment with my family doctor to get him to fill out some forms so i can reapply for the Ontario disability tax credit, since i had been mailed a letter saying it was time to have to redo that. My doctor filled it out again without much fuss, though i think i am less likely to be accepted this time around compared to last time simply due to the wording he used but will see and if rejected i can try appealing it. Fact of the matter is it doesn't effect me at all, at least not as life stands since you have to have an income for it to be use full and without an income i can't claim in the only one who can is Scott even though he doesn't pay any of my medical bills. He does help me financially so its okay but still its weird how it works for claiming.

Tuesday was an appointment with my good pain doctor, and after some chitchat it was decided he would try me on the butrans patch (starting off at 5mcg/h) with the likely hood of having to ramp up later. The patch means that i cant take any of my normal oral opioid pain medication however though so i delayed putting that patch on since i knew once it was on the first 2 weeks might be rather rough, the other thing was i had to taper off the dilaudid i was on as to not get withdrawal symptoms to severely, no matter what i knew i would get some but they weren't bad just some muscle cramps.

I put the patch on at about 7am (since we are on nights that was getting late in our evening) and about a half hour i put it on i was feeling weird and really drowsy but that is far more likely that i simply was tired then the patch having any effect but i am going to try to keep track of everything i feel for the first 3weeks or so.

i am feeling a little out of it now or perhaps just drowsy again but not sure what it is, might just be that i am in fact sleepy. I was fine when i walked over to the store earlier to get cash and some grosheries so i am unsure what is up but will keep updated.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you heaps of luck with the new med. You are due for a relief from it all. <3

    ReplyDelete