Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

having megga anxiety issues about this week.

I wish I wasn’t on the verge of an anxiety attack at the thought of going to Toronto to see my pain management doctor all because my period is likely going to show either the day of the appointment or the day I am trying to bus back home.

Its really sad in my eyes that the anxiety is cause I know where ever I am when my period shows up I am trapped for the next 18hours since I can often not walk, lift things anything really and often in too much pain to communicate, what bugs me more is this is all to go to a PAIN MANAGMENT appointment, yet this issue lies with the fact they fail at managing my pain (on a day to day it’s okay done but not at my worst pain points at all) Another doctor has had to pick up the slack (Thankfully another doctor who understands endo, but because he is a god in the pain management world, people can often only see him 5times total and the next available appointment that I booked almost a month ago is in late January)

So I might have to postpone my f-ing appointment with the doctors I dislike simply because I can’t go see them from pain and then will be even more scrutinised when I do see them after period for the fact that I put off appointment (they will ignore the fact I couldn’t walk as they have before) and then you get rewarded with my joyous monthly urine test (a new perk of seeing the doc in the last 4months) I will get hell likely for the higher concentrations of items in my urine even though what else was I supposed to do? Or if it goes as it has the last few times (when I show up a week before period so no high concentrations) am told there is no sign of my pain meds in my system so the logical explanation for that is that I am selling my medication. Oh how I love going to a doctor that doesn’t take my pain issues as real and either makes me feel like I am a druggie, or a drug dealer. Fucking fantastic.

oh and another thing is 2months ago back really started bugging me then a month ago worse, then I was in my friend’s car when she was rear ended (do you see where this is going?) so my back really fussy/painful now. The doc gave me muscle relaxants that I tried before last period and found completely useless (tried one 2nights in a row) so I plan on bringing them to him next time I see him for him to dispose, since he seems to think I am selling everything.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you also have to deal with the immediate assumption that you are a drug addict or selling your medications. It is something I have to deal with also. Constant urine tests etc. It is horrible!

    I wish you luck with getting to see the good doctor soon!

    ReplyDelete