Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Writen December 16 2010

If you are someone who knows me and talks to other family of mine please read this and forget it, or keep it to yourself.

The things I am about to say in here few people know about and those people DO NOT include my parents or family in general.

I wrote this then decided to hold off posting this till I knew how my body seemed to be handling the new treatment.

(Written December 16 2010)

One week ago today I went to the doctors, a GYN and started on one "medication" to try to help out with my endometriosis. It’s a last resort treatment but it is better than the other alternative last resort things that are also not guaranteed to pan out (like a hysterectomy I have no intention of trying anytime soon).
This treatment is also a birth control used by many women it is known as the Mirena IUD.

It’s been one week ago today that I had it inserted and insertion was painful, but insertion doesn’t take that long, though I had extra pain since even the speculum hurts but I got through it holding S's hand and looking up at the ceiling reading and rereading the comics (this doctor has doctor related comics on the ceiling so when your being examined you have a distraction, its awesome).

The medication you insert the night before you have the IUD inserted started me cramping within an hour but I was able to cope with it. The actual insertion did hurt allot and I was vocal about it, though I was medicated so wonder how much worse it could have been if I had only taken Tylenol like he had suggested (I was on dilaudid, and a bunch of herbal sedatives along with gravel since I know pain makes me throw up at times). I expected bleeding after insertion but that never really happened yes, I had one really small clot at that was it. However the cramping after insertion is still happening I am hoping it will settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment