Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Monday, March 28, 2011

weekend to end women's Cancers

I think I am going to register to raise money and if I raise at least the minimum I will be able to take part in the walk that will happen September 11th 2011 in Toronto, now I just have to finish my registration and try to raise lots of money.
For me I think it would be great to raise enough money that I can take part in the walk (the walk is 60km if you sign up for 2days, or 32 for one day and I am thinking 32km would be pushing it, so that’s the one I am signing up for) but even if I just manage to raise money to help I think that will be enough to make me happy.

From the website:
"All of this is made possible because of people just like you! Be a part of our celebration on September 10-11, 2011 and customize the best Weekend experience for you. Choose to enjoy the full 2-Day, 60km distance for maximum impact, or try the 1-Day 32km distance. You can also designate your fundraising dollars to go specifically to breast cancer or gynecologic cancers. Whichever experience you choose, make YOUR Weekend matter!"

To be able to take part in the walk I will have to raise $1250, so once I have all the paperwork done and am able to start collecting the money I will be sharing the website they will give me to help me share and fundraise for a really good cause.

As someone with endometriosis me and all my endo sisters are at an increased chance of having many of the women’s cancers (largely in part since we can’t always have children and those who never have a child are often at a greater risk).

Then there is the reality that not only do many of these cancers affect so many people but have affected people very near and dear to me so I would like to walk in a way for them (both those who are still here thankfully, and those who we have all lost).

Just thought I would share all that.

And in other news, I still have the Mirena in and it is still seeming to get better and better as time goes on, though I think I am on my “period” now (key word that makes me happy in that sentence was think haha) I am having some more cramping then my normal day to day and am also spotting, and with an IC flair happening it seems to be making sense.

Though as a reminder to those who know me and my family the fact I have the Mirena IUD is still hush hush please and thank you. In time I will share it with everyone who might want to know, but I am betting that will be closer to the 6-8month mark and right now I am almost at the 4month mark so it will take yet. They key is I don’t want to share until it has done crazy wonders for me and although it has already helped greatly it hasn’t made my day to day pain disappear and I am hoping it will in part and once it does I can brag I am on it for it will my little miracle piece of plastic in my uterus haha.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sending courage and strength your way!! So the Mirena is working or seems to be? I just had one put in about 3 weeks ago. I'm praying it helps enough that I can get a PT job.

    Well I'm keeping you in my thoughts if you post the website I'll try to donate a few dollars - hopefully it'll let me donate $5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was my hope for the mirena also, and i think i might be at that point (not 100% sure though) but by the time i got to the point i think its working enough to start looking for work again i pulled a clutz move.... (not sure why i didnt remember to mention it int he post, i broke my foot. The thing is there, is it going to be a waist of aplications and or interviews if i go in with a broken foot that has to be in a cast 4weeks more min, possibly 8dont know.

    Hope yours is being nice to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Shell! Be sure to put up that web address so I can contribute.

    ReplyDelete