Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

So this is the micro-mini update about the cystoscopy appointment.

Basically, it was absolutely horrible. First issue was I was scared, the pain doc suggested I take Demerol prior to the procedure since he thought it would help me mellow out. Well turned out that day I was in pain anyways so I ended up on max Demerol before the procedure.

Good fucking thing to, since who did my cystocopy? A student, who I firmly believe never, did one before in his life since he asked the nurse how to do EVERYTHING. She also kept pointing out when he was messing up, but wouldn’t get the hint. Like when he over filled my bladder on 3 different occasions, and the overfilling stretched my bladder to the point I was internal bleeding. That of course made it harder to see inside if there was any blood in their without his doing.
So the procedure was extremely painful, but mainly only because the doctor had no idea what he was doing (that’s my guess at least). Then the main doc (the teacher) came in, pointed out some of the goofs the student made to him (the ones he could tell since I was clearly bleeding from his students work). He looked around inside. Then later we all met in his office and he informed me that although I am having so many weird symptoms that sound like IC he can’t actually diagnose it or anything since there was no proof of anything inside.

So I left then to go get my kidneys ultra sounded to see if there was anything weird there. There wasn’t. So there is no explanation for my issues, but he gave me a drug to help with the frequency issue (yet to try it) since it seems weird to treat one of like 5bad urinary issue symptoms and ignore the others and have no answers.
Then I got home, and had to pee... well I guess because of the tearing he did or something I kind of seemed to scab inside. So when I tried to pee it hurt more then I think any pain I have ever felt (and I have endo lol). I literally had to bite down on a towel in order to manage the pain of trying to pee.

Then came the blood.

Luckily by the next evening the bleeding from my urethra stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment