Search This Blog

I live in chronic pain. The reason for my pain, is Endometriosis. I was diagnosed through surgery when I was 17. I have decided to have this blog, so that those in my life can get a peek into my day to day issues that affect my life in every way.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Two more Appointments Known



Appointments are coming together

Yesterday I got a phone call from my general surgeon’s office about when I will go through pre-op questions, hand in my pre-op questionnaire, have an exam and blood work taken at the hospital Guelph hospital. Wednesday June 5th I will be meeting an unspecified nurse to go over all the pre-op paperwork and also so she can any questions I might still have. That said I plan on writing up a letter to fax Dr. Mylene Ward’s of questions I have thought of since leaving the office last Friday as she told me whatever questions I think of after leaving the office she would answer no problem.

Then on June 7th I will be meeting the anesthesiologist who will be the one putting me under for my lumpectomy. With the medications I take on a regular basis it was concluded that I should at least get the opportunity to talk it over with the anesthesiologist as he should know before the day of surgery what I’m on, and be able to make suggestions if necessary. This should also prevent the possibility of arriving for surgery only to be told I can’t be put under general anesthesia due to this medication or that, as that would be a total piss off.

Now as it stands the only appointment I am still waiting for is the Wire localization and that I already know is happening the morning of surgery I just don’t know exactly what time. When I know the time of the wire localization procedure I will know what time I have to head to the Guelph general hospital the day I’m having my lumpectomy or more specifically “
Left Breast excisional biopsy with preoperative wire localization”

No comments:

Post a Comment